Monday, February 8, 2010

$50,000 for lost hard drive - almost wish I knew where it is.

$50,000. According to Government Technology, that's what the National Archives and Records Administration values a hard drive with personal information of Clinton era staffers - and one of Al Gore's daughters. So far over 175,000 letters have been sent out to people who may be affected by the lost data. With that much data missing, I don't think I'd want to admit I knew where the drive is. I'd forget the reward and leave the drive on the Whitehouse steps with a note, "Sorry, my bad, won't happen again." Better yet, do a 7 or more pass overwrite, drill holes in the drive, and throw it off a bridge. They still have the original data, so why risk getting arrested turning it back in?

No comments:

Post a Comment